Product Developer, Sticks
CCM Hockey is present worldwide, we have offices in Canada, the United States, Sweden, Finland and Taiwan. Our headquarters are located in Montreal, where we create and develop our equipment. We aim to unlock the full potential of every CCM athlete from pond to forum by delivering innovation to maximize performance and ignite in them the self-confidence to chase their dream. Our team’s mission is to put the puck in the back of the net and we strive to become the most beloved brand in sports and leading market share in Hockey.
At CCM Hockey, we live our values everyday:Teamwork: A team that works together always beats a team of highly skilled individual players.
“C” on our Chest: We are all the captain, empowered to make a difference.
Pinch: Having the confidence to take risks, to be the change agent, always looking for the advantage on a play.
Grind: Possessing the will to win, and the fortitude to go into the corners and dig for the puck.
We’re looking for passionate players who share our core values and will help us become THE industry leader!
The main responsibilities of the Development Manager - Sticks will be to lead product development across all stick families and support the building blocks of the innovation pipeline. Experience in composite design, development, and manufacturing will be incorporated to create higher performing products. This will be achieved through managing player performance research, detailed analysis via simulation software, internal data collection (lab and field testing) and collaboration with manufacturing partners. Included in this role will be to evaluate current structural designs and manufacturing methods, propose new areas to exploit, and lead regular reviews of new technologies. This position will act as a key liaison between the development team and manufacturing partners. As such, frequent travel to Asia will be required.
Lead development work in stick team.
- Collaborate with Biomechanics and field testing to gain greater insights, evolve our process, and focus design work on most meaningful areas to exploit.
- Manage weekly development meetings, maintain project list, assess concepts for technical readiness and make recommendations on areas to pursue.
- Collaborate with manufacturing partners to introduce, troubleshoot, and deliver industry leading technologies.
- Collaborate with Product Manager to create briefs that drive meaningful innovation that align with market needs and is gettable because it’s real.
- Manage budgets effectively.
- Work with Advanced team to maintain a steady flow of concepts and technologies that allow CCM to lead and continue to lead.
- Support and guide implementation of new technologies at manufacturing partners.
- Manage key development resources
- Provide guidance for and implement best practices within the development process, including clear communication to key partners.
- Work collaboratively with other development managers to achieve cross-functional excellence.
- Integrate insights on new materials and manufacturing methods into future design.
- Keep up-to-date with current technology and maintain an archive of relevant material data and scientific publications for reference
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Engineering Degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Composite, or a relevant field and preferable to have research experience in sport; or a similar combination of educational and work-related experience.
- 8-10 years of industry experience in R&D role.
- Strong knowledge of composites design and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate and positively influence both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work efficiently and meet all internal timelines;
- Strong presentation skills, experience giving presentations
- Familiarity with hockey product and marketing
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Excellent command of both English and French; Oral and written;
At CCM Hockey, we celebrate the difference for the benefit of our employees, our products and our collaborators. We work to create an inclusive environment where everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion or background, can give the best of themselves.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3400 Rue Raymond-Lasnier, Saint-Laurent, QC H4R 3L3, Canada